MATCH REPORT | Stockton Town 3-2 Brighouse Town

By James Bushnell

Early on Stockton was pressing but the Brighouse defence did well to defend any chance of them scoring an early goal. Brighouse went on the attack but it turned out to be offside, from the free kick the ball came back to Souter and slips and falls he tried to scramble back to his goal but it was too late as Nathan steel for Stockton put the ball in the back of an open goal. Brighouse didn’t put their heads down and tried to get the equaliser as they went on the attack again but it was offside again.later on in the game Stockton had a corner but it was headed away by the Brighouse defence Brighouse went on the break with Clarke and was fouled and gets a free kick the ball gets put into the box but nothing was created. Sorhaindo had a chance to get in front of goal but it was broken down by the Stockton defender and it went for a Brighouse throw, the orange army were getting into the game with having the majority of the possession, Brighouse had another attack but the ball went out of play and Stockton conceded a corner this corner was cleared away. The Orange army had a other attack with Sorhaindo and he took this chance with both hands and drilled the ball into the bottom corner a brilliant shot to make it 1-1.

Sorhaindo went on the attack once again he got in behind of the defended but a 50/50 challenge stopped from anything happening. Stockton had a chance from nowhere but the shot was blocked effectively and play resumed with a Brett Souter goal kick. Brighouse was given a free kick in the attacking third they tried to take it quickly but the ref pulled it back the free kick was retaken and no chance was created. From this free kick Stockton went on the break but Souter was there to nullify the danger.Stockton break once more and get a corner out of it but Brighouse went on the counter attack and was just lacking the final ball it make them go in front. Haigh with a rocket of s shot but it was blocked once again. The first card of the night was a yellow and it was given to Brighouse’s Haigh for a high boot. Just before the half time whistle Zeph Thomas had a strike on goal but it was a comfortable save for the keeper. 

Half time 

Brighouse came out into the second half with an attack they tried with an over the top ball to sorhaindo the keeper collects. Brighouse in the second half was making a positive impact in the second half with having another attack this time it got cut back into the box it was going straight to the Brighouse attacker but the keeper rushed out and got the ball and stopped the attack from happening. Later on into the game it was getting a 50/50 game with the possession and the attacks. Stockton was trying to get back into the game and they won a free kick but it nothing came from it and the score was still 1-1. Sorhaindo was growing in this game he had another chance but it was blocked the orange army was edging closer to break the deadlock. Stockton conceded another free kick into a dangerous area but the chance went over the bar. The first sub of the night was to Stockton the number 10 went off and the number 12 came on for Stockton. Brighouse were really trying to get in front as they had another attack but they wasn’t finding the end product.

The orange army made a change Jack Boyle came on for Zeph Thomas. Stockton went on the attack but it was defended well and Brighouse conceded a corner the ball came over to the back post and the ball went into the back of the net with a strike what went into the top corner. This didn’t deter the orange army as they still believed that they could get something out of this game, Sorhaindo had a chance what was sliced wide. 73 minutes played and the score was still 2-1 to Stockton. Brighouse was on the attack they were calling for a penalty but it wasn’t given. The No. 9 for Stockton scored a rebound goal after the ball hit the post 3-1. There was a big miss from Sorhaindo he had two chances to try get the orange army back into the game. Stockton went on another attack the number 7 has a chance but defended by Brighouse. In the 88th minute Khan went through on goal and scored to make it 3-2 to Brighouse. In the last seconds of the game Brighouse had a chance with a header but it just went wide and the full time whistle was blown. 

Full Time Stockton 3-2 Brighouse

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email