The Education and Semi-Professional Football Academy (ESPFA) are looking for an UEFA B or FA Level 2 qualified coach to join one of our academy set ups in Dewsbury.
Hours of Work:
10 hours per week (Monday – Friday) – covering 3 days of coaching in the afternoon (total 6 hours) plus 1 match day on a Thursday afternoon throughout the season (total 4 hours). This is over an education term of 32 weeks from September to May (total 320 hours) + 22 hours of recruitment sessions throughout the year (total 342 hours). Timetable to be confirmed.
Dependant on experience
The coach will be required to have the following:-
- Minimum FA Level 2 (essential) UEFA B (desired)
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid certificate with the FA
- Safeguarding Certificate with the FA
- Prevent Certificate – This course can be provided by the ESPFA
- Right to work documentation
- Valid driving license
General Job Role & Responsibilities:
- The academy coach role covers 10 hours per week in delivering coaching and information sessions to the students, this will involve planning and supplying session plans of the coaching sessions as evidence of content learning, this will also include a matchday experience for the students and the coach will also plan and prepare for the matchday.
- The planning of the sessions will include various aspects of the game covered. Some aspects will link into the educational part of the programme and some sessions may well be a joint venture with the tutor.
- The coach is responsible for keeping attendance records and along with the tutor and education team monitor those attendance records and ensure the student conducts themselves in the correct manner within the group.
- The coach will also support at trial sessions and provide information to potential new students along with taster coaching sessions.
- The coach will also provide information and if required support the tutor at parent evenings.
- The coach will be expected to attend (if required) any training days or company meetings relating to the role.
- The coach will be expected to work with as part of a two person team.
For further info on the academy programme at the ESPFA, please visit www.espfa.co.uk